Too long has passed since I have written in this journal. Many things have happened such as I had the most healthy, robust, and beautiful 9 lbs 16 oz baby girl Mackenna Claire via C-section on 4/8/11. Having two girls under one roof has been quite the challenge, but it is the most rewarding. Mackenna is so much different from her baby sister that it makes me so happy. I love how they are so different and yet they get along as if they were twins almost. Leona is a chatterbox and I cannot believe she is already going to be FOUR in September! Soon, I will have to find a suitable pre-K that is not going to charge me an arm and a leg.
The hubby is doing well too, though he lost his job toward the end of last year and has been since rehired back at his old job where his parents live. It is hard since he lives with his brother, brother’s girlfriend, and cousin during the week and travels home for the weekend to spend with the girls and me. It is hard because I never see him especially with my crazy work schedule. It does not ever seem like things are going to look up at work and I will never get off this evening schedule. I do not think I mind the evenings so much as having to work the weekend…like every weekend. That is what is so hard especially since everyone I know wants me to hang out and have fun with them…on the weekend.
I know some day things will change, but it is always so hard to vision the future especially since the future is never fixed. I think this is what makes me so annoyed about the future and it makes it hard to plan stuff out right. At least, I do know and am planning on a vacation this year! We are going to Manteo, NC for a couple of days to be ourselves and the girls get to go to the beach for the first time ever! I grew up at the beach and I suppose we could have gone to my hometown, but just thinking about my hometown makes me want to move even further away. I am not sure what it is about hometowns, I’ve never really been too keen on it. Perhaps it’s because of my rocky childhood or maybe the closed-mindedness that over half of the population possesses.
Anyway, out of the dismal past and into the bright future of this vacation I’m taking. It’s the first since childhood I believe that I finally get to go anywhere…well wait there was that one time I did go to DC for the weekend, but I hardly count that since it was the weekend and not a week! True, my Manteo trip will only be for 3ish days, but it’s with family and I’m taking off a WHOLE workweek using up 40 hours of vacation time on something other than childbirth! I’ll get to go see Roanoke Island, maybe the Outer Banks where my girls will get to play and possibly fear the ocean, and go to the aquarium up there. I’m so excited!! Something about vacations, make everything feel better. I already feel refreshed just thinking that I can actually going somewhere and have fun…now I just need to find a suitable bathing suit.
Another thing about the future that I’m excited about is that I get to set up a book display on the history of the British Monarchy come August. I figure it will be an awesome tribute to Queen Elizabeth II as she celebrates her Diamond Jubilee. I already have a few items selected as well as I’ve ordered a few savory books to add to the Jackson Library collection (I hope). I feel like I’m actually using my history master’s degree toward something useful and my secret passion: a piece of British History.
Well, I’ve rattled on for enough now, but I thought an update was much needed and if I can ever figure out how to post pictures to this blog, I will dutifully do so in the future.
P.S. - Sorry about the poor grammar if it’s in there. I’m writing this close to midnight after a long day of going to work early and discharging library returns for 3-4 hours today (something I secretly love I might add).
No comments:
Post a Comment