I don't know why I have this song stuck in my head. When I arrived at my blog site, something I haven't done since July (oops!), this song popped into my head. I think it might have something to do with me not writing in so long, feeling like I was in a deep slumber and finally waking up a the end of September. However, I do have a valid excuse. I spontaneously got married, I discovered that Leona will be a big sister in April, and my family has moved into a cozier apartment.
In addition, work has been busy with all the books folks can't find, which are either in the right place or slightly misshelved. I don't mind looking for things, but it gets to me when people lack the initiative to look for things on their own. However, it's all not that bad, I spend a couple of hours on the reference desk each Friday, and help people with their technology woes at the checkout desk when I'm not looking for missing things or attending classes on how to be an awesome supervisor.
I think I've finally decided on going to library school for the following reasons: 1) I always wanted to work in one ever since I was little and have found it incredibly rewarding. 2) While history didn't exactly fit me properly, I still love it and the documents associated with it and since the library is full of historical documents, it seems like a great fit.
I'm still taking my year off, but I'm going to study for the GRE and take it next summer once the baby arrives. I'm excited, though a little apprehensive as to how my job will accept it. Hopefully they'll be flexible enough to allow me to take the classes; after all, it will boost my job review in theory.
Anyways, September finally ended with rainy cool days, so welcome October and your wind, coolness, brightly colored leaves, and great holidays!
Short and sweet. This made me smile :) I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDelete